Sunday 9 April 2017

Sat Nav 2

Hot on the heels of Bossy Miss Google Maps in the last post....

I thought I had cracked how to use the Sat Nav function on my tablet. I was wrong.

Last Sunday I had to get to Anstruther, a small fishing town, for a sea-kayaking trip. Having never been there I thought I would use the tablet to help. The bossy voice began pretty well, telling me when and where to turn.

With fifteen minutes to go before I expected to be in Anstruther she told me to turn right into Kirk Brae and that I had arrived at my destination. I hadn't. I was in a small village called Ceres 15 miles from the sea.

I checked and found that the bossy voice had added an "interim destination"! Having carefully checked I tried again to get to Anstruther. This is what followed...

  • I was taken to St Andrews (the wrong direction)
  • I was told to turn left on to a road which was called Lamont Drive but was actually called Bridge Street
  • It told me to turn right three times on to roads that were clearly in totally the wrong direction (by now I could see the sea)
  • It told me that Anstruther, my destination, was a caravan park two miles south of St Andrews
  • I argued with the voice
  • The voice didn't listen
  • I lost my temper with the voice
  • I swore repeatedly at the voice which it ignored
  • I made it to Anstruther 



No comments:

Post a Comment