Monday 22 August 2011

Extreme Haircuts

Having taken Mrs Blog's car to Kwik-Fit in Edinburgh for a new tyre I found I had a little time spare and went for a wander. Not far away was a sign saying "Turkish Barber". Being in need of a haircut and having planned to make my monthly trip to "Els" hairdressers in Peebles, after getting the new tyre, I thought I had struck gold. This was a time-saving blessing.

The Turk welcomed me in and sat me down straight away in the chair - no queues. The day just got better and better.

After a pretty decent haircut (dare i say much better than El?) he went for the trimmer again.

"Mmmm" I mused, "He must be tidying things up, very professional of him."

I was completely unprepared for the fact that he then attacked my nostrils in qucik succession! The last time anything like that had happened to them I was 14 and I got my brand new Boots battery operated razor stuck. My great day had jsut taken a downturn. It could not surely get any worse?

Bring on the wooden pole, about the length of a wooden spoon ,wrapped at one end with some kind of cloth. The Turk dipped the cloth end into a bottle of purple liquid. Before I could ask if it was Methylated spirit (which it was!), he lit it, and started attacking my ears with the flames!

So my bad day got a whole lot bloody worse! How ears and the smell of buring hair to add tomy woes.

Never mind though, Kwik Fit put a smile on my face by telling me I had four illegal tyres but I could at least drive home safely with all the new ones they put on!!!

3 comments:

  1. Too weird to be untruth! This made my tummy hurt with laughter. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed? I almost bought a round. At least he didn't attack the bit between your eyebrow(s) with the stick.

    I see your blog now includes "Ravings and Banality." Loving every word; hope Iran is keeping up too.

    Have you ever considered offering a guest blogger spot?

    The Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. CitySpidey is India's first and definitive platform for hyper local community news, RWA Management Solutions and Account Billing Software for Housing Societies. We also offer residential soceity news of Noida, Dwarka, Indirapuram, Gurgaon and Faridabad.

    CitySpidey
    Noida Society News
    Noida News
    Dwarka Society News
    Dwarka News
    Gurgaon Society News
    Gurgaon News
    Ghaziabad Society News
    Ghaziabad News
    Faridabad Society News
    Faridabad News
    Indirapuram Society News
    Indirapuram News
    DELHI LOCAL News

    ReplyDelete