Friday 4 March 2011

The only safe place for a bloke!

This is one I have been meaning to write off an on for a while.

As a bloke you realise early on from your mother that your world revolves around avoiding trouble by doing chores. Not only doing chores but dong them straight away. When you grow up and marry you think, briefly, that now you are the boss and you can get away without the chores having to be done. Alas no! You now have a wife - in my case Mrs Blog who takes on the role previously performed by your mother. So, apart from a few years spent as a bachelor with a flat coverd in dust, a sink full of dishes, a fridge full of green cheese and a loo that you are embarrased by you are stuffed by the chores!

There is a safe place though where you are protected - lucky for me I discovered it early on in my life at about age 4. The safe place looks like this -

 Yes the loo! Once you are in there you are safe - no woman will ever dare disturb you in there! It must be something to do with them being in denial about the normal body functions or something. You do have to be careful though - I used this technique with my grandmother once too often. at the tender age of 5. After a significant period (somewhere between 30 mins and an hour I think) of chore-avoiding in the loo she came after me with remedies for constipation.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! The hours I must have spent in that safe haven, twiddling my thumbs and staring at the wall till the coast is clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any more than 5 minutes and my legs go numb; or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete