Thursday 22 January 2015

Ageing rapidly

Some days you just know that time is catching up on you, today was such a day.

I decided to take pity on Mrs Blog's two bantams as they shivered in the snow. I gave them some corn and they gave me the run around for ten minutes, escaping and disappearing under the beech hedge. After some clever hen-psychology I had them back in the coop and was not feeling the cold myself.

At this point young man turned up with a leaflet in his hand and offered it to me. I thanked him and went back indoors. At first glance the leaflet looked to be about sheds (great timing on the part of the young man - getting me in the garden within yards of my knackered old shed!). When I got my glasses on I saw it wasn't a  leaflet about sheds, it was a leaflet about "care cottages". According to the leaflet you can now buy a shed to put your granny (or in my case grandpa) in - just hope the kids don't get one!!


3 comments:

  1. Were there options for colour schemes?


    .....Mum likes shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there were -
      Incontinence Yellow, Dementia Beige, Zimmer-blue and I forget the others!

      Delete
    2. Cheek of it! .......mind you, sounds better than the tent James was going to put me in.

      Delete