Sunday 22 November 2015

When tea and bread taste funny

This morning I had two slices of bread (a homemade loaf of which I was particularly proud) liberally spread with butter. Instead of the yummy flavour of bread and butter, all I could taste was flavours that hinted of the dishwasher.

My first thought was that I had mixed the flour etc in a bowl which had not been washed properly.

Then I sipped my tea and it too tasted of the same foulness.

Perhaps the dishwasher is faulty I thought. Or perhaps I was coming down with a cold and it was affecting my sense of taste?

Readers will be pleased to know that Mr Bog doesn't have to fork out for a new dishwasher or prepare for a bout of man-flu. Mrs Blog had bought a new type of butter which had found its way into the butter dish (I couldn't read the label properly without my glasses) - garlic butter!

If I had warned her in time we would not have had garlic omelette, garlic mushrooms and garlic bacon for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Chuckling re the garlic butter on toast! We put sugar into a glass jar which had been used previously for something else but which looked and smelled clean - I forget what but it had contained garlic - we now have a kilo of garlic sugar, hubbie was not impressed with garlic flavoured tea... it may be useful for making pickles or chutney I suppose! :)

    ReplyDelete