Thursday 14 December 2017

BT ruining my Christmas

One thing I hate about being over 50 is that big organisations seem to start picking on you and then treat you like an idiot when you complain. Regulars will be acquainted with previous bete noirs - Vodafone, Talk Talk, and so on. This time it is the turn of BT.

About 6 weeks ago I changed my TV/Broadband/Phone from Talk Talk to BT. Since then the TV has not worked...at all. Here is the saga so far,


  1. I tried the online help instructions on their website...it cut off my broadband
  2. I went on to the online chat...three agents cut me off after coming up with the same checks as the online help page (all of which assumes that any fault must be with the broadband even though the TV signal comes through the aerial and NOT the broadband
  3. I emailed the CEO...he doesn't know anything about broadband or aerials
  4. I eventually had a conversation with Dan (not the CEO)...who thought the problem was the broadband
  5. When I asked Dan if I was correct in thinking the signal for the TV came through the aerial and not the broadband he agreed...and promised to send an engineer!!
Yippee I thought, action, success...

The engineer has just left telling me that "The problem is to do with the aerial and he cannot help because....he is a broadband engineer!"

AAAAARGH!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment