Sunday 7 March 2021

Mechanical Challenges

I know little about cars and how their engines work. My feelings of inadequacy were eased a little this week when the best mechanical brains of JRD motors were flummoxed.

My car has a warning light system for everything except the second coming. The warning lights started to go on one by one. First it was the big orange engine telling me my "Eco system" was faulty. Then the Stop/Start light came on telling me it wasn't working, even though it was. After that, the oil warning light lit up and told me to take the car to the workshop. I booked it in and was told the car would be "ok" to drive for a day or two. Two days later on the way to JRD another warning light came on.

JRD have never been beaten by any challenge I have given them, so I knew the car was in safe hands.

At 11.30 am the receptionist called to tell me they had found the fault...it was still running around the workshop and the office being chased by three full grown mechanics.


Yep!! 

A full grown (and I mean full grown!) rabbit had taken to building a nest in the bumper recess in the engine compartment.

Unbelievieably it had survived two journeys to Galashiels and back - a total of 72 miles.

Seemingly it had been eating the wires of the sensors.

After a brief appearance on the JRD Motors Facebook page it was released unharmed miles away from my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment