Wednesday 9 May 2012

Change of plans

Stayed over in Edinburgh last night and was all set for an early start to get to London this morning for a day trip to the City. The alarm went off on time and I checked out of the hotel and headed for the car park.

05.10 I was standing in disbelief looking at the NCP car park where I had left my car, it was locked up. In small print next to it there was a sign that said
"this car park is shit from 22.00 to 06.00, for access outside these hours please press the intercom."

I did want access so I pushed the intercom button.

The following conversation took place with some (I am guessing here) spotty young lad with a strong Glaswegian accent.
"Aye?"
"Hi, the car park is locked."
"Locked?"
"Yes!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. The doors and shutters are all padlocked."
"Its locked then!"
"Yes, I know."
"Is there a sign saying when it is open?"
"Yes it says 06.00 but I cannot wait I have a flight to catch."
Long pause...
"Do you want me to get someone to open it?"
"Yes please!"
"It will take a while. I will have to ring one of the guys and get him to drive out to the car park and open it for you!"
"By which time the car park will probably be open and my plane will have gone. Thanks but no thanks!"

I wasn't that desperate to go to London anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment