Monday 24 September 2012

Nuns and Machines

Went to Church yesterday and I thought I was pretty well awake by the time I got there.

The sermon was replaced by an appeal from an Indian nun, this can be good or bad depending on whether the appeal lasts longer than the sermon would have done. I closed my eyes to look as if I was in a deep spiritual reverie and tuned in.

"We need your help with the machines", implored the nun.

I sat up, intent, wondering where this was leading. In the next five minutes I heard that we need to help the machines in India, Africa, Asia and South America. There are special machines for children. Apparently. There is even a machine which teaches poor women in India how to use a sewing machine!

Then it hit me she was actually saying "Missions" not machines, I closed my eyes and went back to looking deeply spiritual.

3 comments:

  1. Catholics all around the world know exactly where you're coming from....

    p.s. - I always wondered whether you actually were in spiritual reverie or just sleeping when we went to mass - it's very convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is absolutely no difference between sleep and being deeply spiritual...if you are not awake you cannot sin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure about that?.....those evil dreams can creep up on you!!! anyway, missions/machines - Florence (and her machine) may in fact be a nun!!! Wow xxxx

    ReplyDelete