Tuesday 19 March 2013

No job no money

Last week I wrote about how Frank had got my job, today I have no money either. Not strictly true, I have money but I cannot get it.

I was in London last week and, as usual, made extensive use of my RBS Credit Card. That was until I lost it. I searched all the usual places, my wallet and my wallet. Having no success I then decided to do the sensible thing and ring RBS to cancel it. They obliged with a minimum of fuss and arranged for the new card to be sent out.

"If the old one does turn up cut it up and destroy it", I was told.

Two minutes after putting the phone down I did and I didn't. I found the card in my pocket where I had put it but chose not to destroy it.

This morning I remembered the sage advice of the voice from RBS and, armed with scissors, I set about my redundant credit card. Only after the first slash did I realise that I was in fact destroying my perfectly good Debit Card. So I have a three day wait (at least) before I can get money out of an ATM and no RBS credit card.

30 years in financial services means I do have a plan C..... car washing for cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment