Thursday 21 May 2015

Orange challenge Vodafone

I have had a rant or two at Vodafone over the years but Orange (now EE) are trying very hard to outdo them for sheer idiocy.

Mrs Blog's phone has developed a fault. I rang Orange and they started off by asking if I wanted to buy "Back-dated" insurance to cover this. As the phone is under warranty till January 2016 that seemed unnecessary.

After ages talking to people at Orange on their "help-line" I was referred to the phone manufacturer Sony (More on them in the next post). Apparently I had to send my phone back to Sony for repair and in the 10-14 days it was gone I would have to buy Mrs Blog a new Orange handset.

Not happy, but faced with no alternative, I set off to the Orange/EE store in Galashiels. The girl there told me she needed to know the SIM card size before she could help me select a suitable handset. As the phone was with Mrs Blog I was unable to comply.

"Never mind," she said. "Try Carphone Warehouse up the street, they know loads about Orange phones and they guarantee to give you the right handset."


No comments:

Post a Comment