Saturday 8 January 2011

The Spite Goblin


As a kid you are told all about the benevolent Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and so on. No-one tells you that when you become an adult you have to deal with The Spite Goblin. If you haven't come across him/her it is the unseen malevolent little sprite that take a bad moment and turns it into a truly shit week!

An example - this week I took my daugther to the airport on Wednesday morning which meant getting up at 3.00 a.m. and going through the very sad process of bidding her farewell for three months. (She is in Corsica trying to teach French kids to speak English). I had to sit at the airport till 8.30 a.m. to wait for my own flight down south on business. So here is the bad moment The Spite Goblin looks forward to - saying goodbye, tears, sadness and nothing that can be done about it. So what does the evil little bugger do? Well - in order,-
  1. Sees to it that I get a last minute dinner with work that means I don't get to bed till 11.15 p.m.
  2. My boss cancels his trip to London leaving me to run a meeting I am unprepared for
  3. My glasses break- a whole arm fell off while I was trying to look at least slighlty business-like
  4. My return journey home from London was sat next to "Mr I have a cold I want to share"!
So an iffy moment becomes a shite few days thanks to the Evil and unconscionable Spite Goblin. Thank God for the Beer Sprite....

1 comment:

  1. and thank goodness for the red wine sprite! miss you hugely daddy, love you more! xxx

    ReplyDelete