Saturday 3 September 2011

Mrs Blog gets gassed

Mrs Blog is a fan of my cooking, mostly. Today I offered her the chance to sample my ciabatta served with grilled Mozzarella, Parma ham, peppercorns, Basil and red chilli. We had all the fresh ingredients to hand except the red chilli. Not a problem, Mrs Blog keeps a supply of them in the freezer.

There I was assembling the ingredients and, being technically minded, knew how to defrost things in the microwave. In went the red chilli on "defrost" for three minutes. One minute later...BANG. The sound of an exploding chilli.

Not only did the damn thing explode, parts of it vapourised forming a highly toxic chilli-gas. There was Mrs Blog coughing her heart out, me coughing uncontrollably and neither of seeing the funny side of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment