Saturday 24 March 2012

Daughter-Blog turns to hacking

Daughter-blog returned from Aberdeen University recently to spend some time with us. She was as welcome as ever. I ignored the two sets of swimming goggles she stole from me so that she could chop onions without tears (see earlier posting), and made her feel right at home.So I showedher my new Ipad 2 (supplied by my company) and taught her how to play Temple Run , which she loved even though her best run was 3.5 metres.

I turned my back for five minutes and she decided to have another go on Temple Run to see if she could get to 4 metres. The problem was that my Ipad had locked itself and needed a six digit numerical pass code. Undeterred Daughter-Blog decided she could use her university education to hack the pass code, although quite how a degree in linguistics equips you to be a hacker is beyond me. She decided to use the tried and trusted hacker's favourite of entering random six digit numbers until the Ipad got suspicious and locked itself.

To resuscitate the Ipad required me to plug it into ITunes which I did. My Ipad kicked back into life almost immediately unfortunately the memory (all my work documents) and all the applications were gone.

1 comment: