Tuesday 10 April 2012

I was only trying to help...

Having passed A Level Physics I consider myself to be at least qualified to operate a refrigerator. Daughter-blog is home from Aberdeen this week so both my swimming goggles and my Ipad are well hidden. In honour of daughter-blog's return, Mrs Blog went on a food-shopping-extravaganza, which left us with a rather full fridge. In fact there was not a spare bit of space or daylight. Remembering my Physics I recalled how all this warm food would increase the temperature of the inside of the fridge, so I turned up the dial to a maximum of "5", fully intending to turn it down again later. Otherwise we ran the risk of some of the food spoiling. Alas, old age and short term memory problems intervened and I totally forgot to adjust the dial back to "3".
This evening Mrs Blog is blaming me, probably rightly, for a frozen lump of broccoli that she reckons will rot as it thaws out. Given that I am not mad keen on any vegetable I consider it a moral victory.

1 comment: