Friday 26 April 2013

Life is never simple

This week Mr Blog had to travel to Yorkshire (Home of the Yorkshire Blogs) to sort out an MOT on a 1998 Mercedes Benz E 300 TD.

I am being very specific about the make and model for a reason.

Being warned in advance by "Big-Fat-Tom-Blog" that the battery of said car was probably flat, I made enquiries of Kwik Fit (Home of the Kwik Fit Fitter) as to replacing the battery before I headed down to Yorkshire with spanner in hand.

They asked for all the information I have posted above and the registration number which I haven't.

"Do you know the dimensions of the battery?"

"What?"

"How big is it?" (making me feel a bit thick!)

"I don't know I am in Scotland and the car is in Yorkshire"

"Well we need to know because there are two sizes for that car."

"Really? Surely there is some way of telling?"

"No"

"Well could I buy a battery and then if it doesn't fit bring it back for a refund?"

"Yes, You can refund it for the other battery."

Seeing no alternative to ending up with at least one battery I did not want, I rang Mum-Blog.

"Mum-Blog, have you got a tape measure?"

"Yes why?"

"I need to get the measurements of the battery in the Mercedes."

Several calls later and visits to the internet to look up where the battery was supposed to be, we got the dimensions in inches.

(By the way Kwik Fit Fitter, Mum Blog is nearly 84!)

I rang back Kwik Fit and spoke to a different fitter who told me that first fitter I had spoken to did not exist and more to the point , they don't sell batteries.

Still even-tempered I rang Europarts.

"I am looking for ....etc"

"There are two different batteries that could be."

"I know"

"Does the car have air-conditioning?"

"Why?"

"Because if does it needs a different battery to the model without air-conditioning."

"AHA!"



To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment