Saturday 27 April 2013

Life is never simple - the sequel

Having equipped myself with the correct battery (and measured the dimensions) I set off to West Yorkshire to install it in the 1998 Mercedes Benz E 300 TD.

Three hours and two cups of coffee later I was standing with spanner in hand looking under the bonnet (Hood for US readers) trying to locate the battery. My internet search told me I would find it under the bonnet (Hood) at the back of the engine on the left. It was not there.

Mum-Blog told me where she had found it when she measured it but it was not there either. Puzzled by the migration of an item that weighs nearly a ton, I rang Eschatology-Sister-Blog, wife of Big-Fat-Tom-Blog who had  been with him when he had tried to jump start the 1998 Mercedes Benz E 300 TD with a set of jump-cables the previous weekend.

"Under the bonnet, (Hood) to the rear of the engine on the right hand side" she told me.

I checked, it had moved, it was not there.

Mum-Blog volunteered that in some previous Mercedes cars she had known the battery was under the back seat.

Running out of ideas I checked. It was there! In fact, judging by the clamp holding it down and the hour with spanner and socket set needed to release, it had always been there.

All is now well except for the mystery that now surrounds what Big-Fat-Tom-Blog actually did when he tried to jump start the 1998 Mercedes Benz E 300 TD. My guess he is that he nearly jump-started the fuse box.



No comments:

Post a Comment