Tuesday 10 February 2015

Food in strange places 3

Having cleared up the egg from the previous post as best as I could, I noticed that there was a bit of shell that had fallen into Mrs Blog's handbag. Her handbag had been sitting on a stool right under the egg-line-of-fire. Not wanting Mrs Blog to be distressed by the shell I picked it up and thought she would be none the wiser.

Later that morning I received a lengthy and irate text from Mrs Blog. It seems that while I spotted the shell in her handbag, I had completely missed the big dollop of egg yolk. Mrs Blog found it when she went to the Post Office. It turns out that the bank paying-in book for the shop where she works bore the brunt of the eggy goo.

Apologies to Mrs Blog, the two ladies in the post office who had to wipe up the sticky mess on the counter, the owner of Time and Tide (Peebles branch) and anyone else who knows me.

2 comments: