Sunday 22 February 2015

Times Online going bust

For the last week my online Times newspaper has been playing up. It won't load the front page and seems to stop working for no reason leaving me stuck on the same page. As regulars know I rely on the Times in slow weeks for the occasional post and would be lost without it!

Yesterday morning I set out to right this wrong and in an idle five minutes logged on to the Times website. In truth I was looking for a refund of about half the £26 monthly cost. In no time I was "chatting" with the online chat help person.

"Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?"

"Nope, let me try that."

Pause.

"Yes that has done it, all working fine now."

"Anything else I can help you with?" asked the chat agent.

"Yes I would like a refund please, my app has not worked properly. I don't think I should be charged full price for an app that needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled in order to work."

"I can't give you a refund."

"Well, perhaps I will think about cancelling my subscription then." I hasten to point out this was not in the spirit of a rant but a spirit of tired resignation.

"I can give you 50% off for three months though."

Kerching £39 up and I was only looking for £13.


No comments:

Post a Comment