Wednesday 16 December 2020

Convenient Coffee

Today we ran out of coffee. Not any old coffee but Daughter-blog's favourite coffee - New Mexico Pinon. (No I'd never heard of it either!)

Unable to standy by and see her suffer, I logged on to my best friend, Mr Google. He quickly showed me I could buy 350g of the stuff for the bargain price of £45. Stunned, I did some more research. It seems it sells in the US for a less stunning $11 so either "The Don" doesn't want us to have it or Boris has slapped a tariff on it. 

Undeterred I checked for retailers nearer to home. 25 miles or less to be precise. Google duly pointed me to "Cost Plus World". Yippee! 

Except that Cost Plus World is in Oakland, California. 

Being one for precision I wanted to know just how much more than 25 miles that might be from the Blog-house...


Yes...5,053 miles. By my reckoning I could walk there at a brisk pace in just over two years as long as I dont take a day off. 

If the next post you read is dated 2024 you'll know I'm just back.


No comments:

Post a Comment