Sunday 13 December 2020

Renamed

 

Sometimes you follow a line of logic that seems sensible at the time. Then it bites you on the backside.

Today was one of those days.

We have a tradition in the Blog-House of having a curry on Christmas Eve. The cooking of said curry is done by me. I noticed we were out of base-sauce and the necessary home-made curry powders so I set about making them this morning.

Mrs Blog, correctly spotted that the vast amounts of Tumeric involved represented a clear and present danger to my one and only white shirt. Despite wearing an apron with "Wifey" on it she thought I was under-protected. She wanted to run upstairs and grab an old T shirt for me to change into. 

Logic suggested that having her "run" up the stairs would do her dodgy knee no good at all. So...I took my white  shirt off, put on the the apron again and carried on.

Thirty minutes later Mrs Blog was in Sainsburys and ran into our friends the Kipford-Couzen-Blogs. They had been dropping off Christmas cards around the town and remarked,

"Was he cooking bare-chested?" 

"Yes" said Mrs Blog

"Better call him the naked chef!"

I tried to draw the scene...




No comments:

Post a Comment