Monday 21 December 2020

Haunted by needles

All the talk of Covid 19 vaccines and Flu vaccines has forced Mr Blog to deal with haunting memories of teenage injections.

From the age of 12 I started having hayfever injections. This was a major development in treatment and the three fortnightly shots gave me whole summers of relief. By the age of 15 I was a seasoned regular looking forward to benefits of my tenth treatment. When I pitched up I was told of a new procedure. 

"The Doctor doesnt administer the injections any more, you'll be seen by a nurse."

"No problem," I replied.

Several minutes later I was ushered into the treatment room by a stunning looking young nurse. I resolved not to let myself down in front of her. I knew the drill so I acted as nonchalantly as I could. i dropped my trousers, my boxers and bent over just as I had nine times before. 

The nurse turned round and said,

"Oh! These go in the arm!"

I discovered two things that day,

  1. You cannot look nonchalant in all situations
  2. Some memories are so seared into your mind you will never forget them

No comments:

Post a Comment