Monday 25 April 2011

Annoyances

Having been forced to drive daughter-blog to Edinburgh at the last minute this morning - all because she cannot work out how a bus timetable works - I had one of those annoying return journeys. You know the sort - slow drivers in front of view leaving you caught by red traffic lights, drivers who brake for no reason, people who drive at 45mph in 60 mph zones then carry on doing 45mph in 30 mph areas.

All of this was topped off by a really slow and wide Tesco van I was forced to follow for five miles. As I sat there behind it reading the writing on the back I realised it was not an ordinary van but a "Tesco Online Shopping" van. This is one of those that drops off your shopping once you have bought it on the internet - or at least that is what they tell you.

My only experience of using Tesco online was horrendous. The web page takes forever to complete and it would not let me choose my nearest Tesco instead it insisted I use one a further 8 miles away. Despite all this I thought - this is not too bad - sitting at home ordering the week's shopping and just relaxing till it turns up. I marvelled at the wonder of modern technology and all the clever people Tesco had employed with degrees in website design and IT. What I had not counted on was "Wee Jimmy" from Galashiels who is the guy who actually puts your shopping in the bags and pops it into the van.

"Wee Jimmy" does not have a degree in IT but he is in the responsible position of deciding what item he should place in your shopping if they are out of stock of something - and that is where it all went wrong...


No comments:

Post a Comment