Sunday 10 April 2011

Bacon Cheese Chocolate

A couple of weeks ago I had a blood test and Friday saw me get the results from the same German doctor who saw "zee pus" in my tonsillitis diagnosis. She explained that my Cholesterol was high - a score above 5 is in need of action and 7 or 8 are serious heart attack. I got a 5.7 - no serious worries but she warned me off bacon, chocolate and cheese.
Great I thought  - I never eat bacon chocolate and cheese at the same time! Alas it turns out she meant indivdually I have to avoid bacon, chocolate and cheese.

Mrs Blog had been reading up on Cholesterol and decided to add biscuits and sausages to the list of proscribed items sinc ewhen life is not worth living.

Living in Scotland we hardly ever see the sun and when we do we make the most of it by dusting off the barbecue. Yesterday (Saturday) was just such a day. So first barbecue of the year and I cannot have sausages!

No comments:

Post a Comment