Sunday 17 April 2011

More misunderstandings

Last Thursday I cooked supper for my son and I whilst Mrs Blog was away in Corsica retrieving daughter-blog from the Frenchies. By way of a change and bearing in mind my high cholesterol I opted for fish in a Keralan marinade. Not knowing what sort of fish they catch in Southern India I settled for good old cod. When Mrs Blog got home with charge in tow and had settled down she asked how we had been and what we had eaten while she was away. The following day she asked about the cooking again

"Where did you get the halibut?" she asked,
"Cod" I corrected her
"God?!!" said daughter-blog


And so began an evening of misunderstandiings - the highlights of which were Mrs Blog looking at a magazine and exclaiming that she had found an "easy tart"

Followed by suggesting that I should sniff "naughty Alice" - which gien that we number among our friends one who is called Alice (apologies to that Alice) made for a confusing moment. It took a while for me to be convinced thtat there really is a perfume called "Naughty Alice"
In order to prove a point I thought I would run a google image search on Naughty Alice - luckily it threw up this,-

Because with hindisght that could have been a whole lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment