Sunday 19 May 2013

A weekend to myself

Mrs Blog took her self off to Aberdeen yesterday afternoon to spend some time with daughter-blog (the one with the goggles who cannot throw a stone into the sea).

As she left she told me how nice it would be for me to have the rest of the day to myself to do what ever I wanted. She also  told me that if I could find time she would quote like me to put together a stool she had found in IKEA.

My balloon was burst. Previous encounters with IKEA had prepared me for the task ahead. I waved goodbye to Mrs Blog and retreated to the house with a heavy heart. My whole weekend to myself hinged on being able to assemble the latest purchase -  a metal and plastic stool called Fanghorn (or something like that).

Previous encounters with Bumlard, Wilidik and Oyball had prepared me for what lay ahead.

With screwdriver and spanner set located I set about opening up the packaging. The usual instruction leaflet was there - no words just stupid little pictures that make no bloody sense. As you have probably guessed most of my weekend disappeared in trying to assemble Mrs Blog's Fanghorn Stool.


No comments:

Post a Comment