Friday 7 March 2014

Mrs Blog'sBirthday

Mrs Blog headed south on Sunday to celebrate her birthday with the Sussex-Blogs, leaving Mr Blog at home.

Mrs Blog rang at 5.10 in the afternoon to say she had arrived safely and, knowing that she had been awake since 6.00 a.m. and driven 400 miles, I was pretty sure she would be out like a light by 8.00 p.m. Wrong!

She rang at 18.50 to ask if would be ready for a Skype call with the assembled Sussex-Blogs in ten minutes time (19.00 by my reckoning).At 21.00 they got round to Skyping. I figured that maybe Mrs Blog had been busy chatting. Wrong!

At 21.24. Usually in our house any call after 21.00 means a family tragedy at the very least. Not so, a giggly (and maybe tiddly) Mrs Blog was at the other end of the phone, asking if I could remember any Cockney rhyming slang!! Just the kind of question I was ready to answer. She then went on to claim that I had once lived in Essex and therefore should know loads of rhyming slang; I have never lived remotely close to Essex, the Bow Bells or Albert Square.

Here's hoping the trouble and strife reads this!!



No comments:

Post a Comment