Wednesday 26 March 2014

Royal Bank of Scotland - I love them

Sometimes when you think you are hitting an online service brick wall you are proved wrong!

Below is a cut and paste from my chat with RBS online banking help agent Adam...



Adam: Hi, you're chatting with Adam. How may I help you?
RICHARD: I want to cancel a direct debit but your system will not let me. It tells me to call your telephone direct banking BUT - there is no option to cancel Direct Debits!!!
Adam: Hello Richard
Adam: You should be able to cancel a direct debit online
RICHARD: Hello Adam
RICHARD: I know but it will not let me that is why I am talking to you!
Adam: If you click "payments and transfers" and then under the heading "standing orders and direct debits" there is a drop down box where you can select "manage direct debits"
Adam: If you click that, you can select the direct debit and click "cancel"
Adam: What happens when you try?#
RICHARD: Stop stop stop - read what I have written
RICHARD: It tells me to call Direct Banking like I said before!
RICHARD: I have cancelled many DD in the past so I know how to do it - it simply does not let me on this DD
Adam: Would you like me to see if I can do it?
RICHARD: YES please!!
Adam: Can I take your full name please?
RICHARD: Richard Leeson
Adam: Thank you
Adam: Could you please confirm the last four digits of the account number for me?
RICHARD: m@#+~
Adam: Which direct debit is it?
RICHARD: Times Newspapers
Adam: Great
Adam: I've cancelled that for you
Adam: I'd recommending informing The Times too to let them know
Adam: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
RICHARD: Thanks Adam!! Have a lovely evening and may the sun shine on you wherever you go.
Adam: Thanks for chatting with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment