Thursday 31 March 2011

Harry's Revenge

I should have known better, I really should. Earlier this week (29th March) I wrote a post about my anonymous nephew Harry and his ex-mobile phone. I should  not have done so. It was tempting fate from the start and was a cheap blog post at his expense. Somehow Harry (Or some cyber-mercenary employed by Harry) got hold of the "Spite Goblin" (8th January post).

The Spite Goblin was obviously employed to exact revenge on Harry's behalf and by God did he! The day after the post about Harry appeared i.e yesterday I had a full day of meetings in London most of them an hour long. This meant being up at about 5.45 - no serious issue there and getting to the airport for about 7.00 a.m. So far so good. The Spite Goblin waits until I get to City airport in London before unleashing the "Tummy Bug"! One of those which keeps you guessing about how far you can walk and how long you can wait.


Yesterday was a long day - the bug got worse as the day wore on. I hardly heard a word that was being said in any of the meetings I went to and on several occasions I tried to close the meetings early so I could walk to the nearest loo. Notice I did not say "run" to the nearest loo,- I could not have run if my life depended on it. Had it not been for my physio Mark giving me the bum exercises (7th February) I might have been in the Sh$t!!

So all day I went looking for toilets

....with no thought of it being a safe place (4th March)

With the end of the day approaching I had to get back to Edinburgh which involved a walk to Monument tube station. 9 minutes wait for the train, 30 mins on the Docklands Light Railway, an hour at the airport (including 20 mins queuing for security), an hour on the plane and 45 min drive home. Plenty of opportunity for serious public embarrassment. The tricky bit was going to be getting to City Airport......Then a moment of genius....The Imodium Sprite!!

Home safe and feeling better and promising I will never mess with Harry ever, ever again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment