Friday 18 March 2011

God's a Porpoise

Been a weird week - kicked off with seeing a doctor, a German doctor, who looked at my sore throat and declared
"Ah, I zee pus!"
Any British doctor would no doubt have said
"You have tonsillitis".
Nonetheless I took myself off to Basingstoke for three days where I attended a course run by a trainer called Ecky- a German trainer. (You can see a theme developing). The trainer repeatedly told us he was married to an Argentinian woman and he lived in Switzerland whilst training a group of English people who work for a French company (I was probably the only one picking up on the Nazi war criminal link during the course).

My sore throat was joined by a cold and I stopped paying total attention to what Ecky was saying. At some stage he wrote on the flip chart "God's a porpoise". I sat there lost - I have studied theology in my past and at no point had anyone even hinted at the notion of God being a porpoise.

I wondered briefly if this was some new fangled German/Argentinian/Swiss cult thing before I realised that I had misread the flip chart. It actually said "Goals & Purpose".

2 comments:

  1. God's a porpoise is far more interesting. Too bad Ecky's presentation wasn't about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed reading as I do, I read your explanation of God's a porpoise as "goats and purpose"....what purpose the goat I wondered - until I put my glasses..............

    ReplyDelete