Sunday 6 March 2011

Sweets and Computers

Not you might think the obvious combination of subjects - the only link is that I am eating my way through  a box of Liquorice Allsorts whilst typing this. I absolutely love them except for the round ones with the liquorice centres that come in yellow and pink.

It isn't just liquorice all sorts - Jelly Babies are the same - there is always one flavour you just can't stand and you end up chucking them away. Why on earth can't they sell them loose and let you pick and choose which ones you want - that way of no-one bought the round liquorice allsorts in yello and pink the manufacturer will get the message and stop making them!

Computers - in an earlier post I mentioned the "outage" and how it mangled my internet connection. Well three weeks on and my company broadband is still not working. The solution from the geek team is to send me a thrid router - not at all convinced yet that this is the end of it!

Then today my good friend Jumbo Jock/ Darth Vader/Studdley returned my wife's beaten up old laptop after fixing it of a whjole host of problems looking like a brand new machine. Jumbo/Darth/Studdley trained as a pilot and he knows more about computers and how to fix them than any PC geek I know. But in reverse would you trust a PC geek to fly a jumbo jet???



No comments:

Post a Comment